Of course as I'm currently writing this, it is only v0.0.1 build 1, so there's going to be some bugs, and maybe a few missing features. But this is one hell of a first build.
Here are the features from the GitHub page:
- Based on mpv, a powerful media player
- Designed for modern macOS (10.10+)
- User-friendly interface
- All the features you need for videos, audios and subtitles
- Supported basic playlist and chapters
- MPV config files and script system are available for advanced users
- Written in Swift, followed up on new technologies like Touch Bar
- Still in active development
The best bit in my opinion, is the video, audio, and subtitle controls you get. It's such a simple aesthetic, but it certainly packs in some power!
Here are some screenshots: