3rd July 2019

Today was very much a continuation of yesterday at work, in that I was still pairing on the same piece of work, and we got quite a lot done.

In the most basic terms, it’s a Java Spring Boot server that has a few endpoints, and a database. I’m not exactly excited that I’m writing Java, seeing as I’m a Swift developer, but it’s something the team has been assigned to. Deadlines 🤷🏻‍♂️. However, I’m now properly writing tests, and I’m learning a lot of fundamental things that I take back to my Swift code.

In this specific piece of work, we have unit tests, integration tests, and also functional tests in the form of BDD/Gherkin scenarios. It’s interesting to see it all working together.

After work, I’ve mainly been doing house work. Things like washing up, laundry, and in general tidying up.

I did however, get a chance to look at Text Case for a bit, and I’ve started work on supporting parameters in Shortcuts actions! It will only be relatively simple, have a text input, and a text output, so hopefully I can get a build out via TestFlight soon.

I did notice one cool thing in iOS 13 beta 3 while I was doing this, and that’s that a bug that was introduced in the 1st beta, has now been fixed. It’s where in the custom icon select page, the icon images would expand past their bounds, and overlap nearly half the screen. I tried various ways to fix it when it first came up, but thank god the latest beta simply fixes it. That’s one less thing to think about.